[ARMedslack] Video playback on AC100

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 10 14:55:56 UTC 2011

>> The other day I installed mplayer on my AC100 ... but the video playback was

>> desparately slow.
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's the Framebuffer X or some other issue ..

>Just guessing: most likely some proprietary video card binary blob
>that doesn't come with Slackware but comes with the default OS
>(Android I think). See if you can get it from <horror> Ubuntu. Because
>they are part of Linaro they usually can licence blobs that other
>distros can't (it's sad though...).

I'll try ... I'm already using ununtu kernel sources to get a working kernel. I'll surf around ubuntu forums and what more on this then.

Another thing I just compiled latest ubuntu 2.6.38-100.1 that states working
audio in the headphones but I can't see to get any oudio out of the damn thing anyway !!!!

Ciao
Davide