[ARMedslack] Armedslack on Sheevaplug

Richard Lapointe richard.lapointe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:45:54 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011 01:03 PM, lee jones wrote:
> My problem was that normal armedslack needs an nfs install/boot, and I
> did try the instructions but I've *never* even used any sort of nfs
> install or boot so I found using the miniroot easier. Unless there's
> some way of installing via an alternative route, e.g. usb or sd?

Well I was able to get the installer running on my Dockstars.  I wrote
this up here in this mail list thread:
http://lists.armedslack.org/2011-January/000703.html
Maybe you could do something similar on your sheevaplug.  The key is
being able to pass these boot arguments to uboot:

nic=auto:eth0:dhcp kbd=uk

I did install both Jeff Doozan's uboot and rescue system, but you may be
able to do it without them.  Be sure to read the entire thread.

Rich Lapointe