[ARMedslack] Which packages to install for gcc/make/etc ?

lee jones slothpuck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:08:56 UTC 2011

Thanks for that :) . But drat! Slapt-get dosen't resolve dependencies!

Here's the thought -- if I can somehow find out what armedslack installs,
then I should somehow be able to install those. Don't really want to try to
guess which packages to install complex stuff (e.g. gcc) as I'll more than
likely get something wrong or miss something!

I'm guessing that like slackware armedslack uses tagfiles which are in turn
used by the main setup program at install. That would be ideal as the
dependencies would be largely resolved just going by the default armedslack
tagfiles.

Only snag is that the install/setup program in slackware can't be run after
install as it isn't installed. There is pkgtool but it only allows for
installing individual packages, one by one. Only other option seems to be to
go through the tag files, look for the tagfiles marked "ADD" and "REC" and
manually install them (which would take ages!).

Just trying to work out how to do this -- one idea might be to extract the
install setup from armedslack but I have no idea where it is. I tried
looking in one of armedslacks' initrd files, but could only find;

total 24K
drwxr-xr-x  13 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 .
drwxrwxrwt  28 root root 20K Oct  4 12:04 ..
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root   0 Oct  4 12:09 accessibility
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 block
drwxr-xr-x  16 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 bus
drwxr-xr-x  62 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 class
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 dev
drwxr-xr-x  13 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 devices
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 firmware
drwxr-xr-x   9 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 fs
drwxr-xr-x   8 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 kernel
drwxr-xr-x 235 root root   0 Oct  4 12:02 module
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   0 Oct  4 12:11 o2cb -> fs/o2cb
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   0 Oct  4 12:03 power

No sign of the setup/install script!

ljones