[ARMedslack] R: R: micro root rescue system

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Tue May 3 22:57:25 UTC 2011

Ok I've the first working image with all the basics working.

This is what's in the image:
root at hp:/mnt/hd/usr/src/surap_packages# ls
at-3.1.12-arm-1.tgz            iptables-1.4.10-arm-1.tgz
busybox-1.18.4-arm-1.tgz       iw-0.9.20-arm-1.tgz
dnsmasq-2.52-arm-1.tgz         kernel-firmware-2.6.38.3-noarch-1.tgz
dropbear-0.53.1-arm-1.tgz      kernel_2.6.38.3-microkirkwood-arm-1.tgz
php-5.3.5-arm-1.tgz            glibc-solibs-2.13-arm-1.tgz
ppp-2.4.5-arm-1.tgz            hostapd-0.7.3-arm-1.tgz
udev-165-arm-2.tgz             httpd-2.2.17-arm-2.tgz
usb_modeswitch-1.1.6-arm-1.tgz wireless-tools-29-arm-2.tgz
root at hp:/mnt/hd/usr/src/surap_packages#
and a few other required libs picked manually

The compressed and unsummed jffs2 is 41Mb big

root at hp:/mnt/hd/usr/src/surap_packages# du -ms ../surap_busybox.jffs2
41      ../surap_busybox.jffs2
root at hp:/mnt/hd/usr/src/surap_packages#

usb_modeswitch will not work because it needs tclsh and I don't want to add it unless it's really necessary. I'll try working around the problem with pure busybox ash scripting ... if that's not possible I'll write a small c program to help out ash.

Regards
David