[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM on Small NAS (NS-K330)

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun May 1 19:02:00 UTC 2011

> > The way I have done it has worked with minimal effort since
> > 2002 :-)
>
> Don't get me wrong ... I don't want to change how you do things I was
> just telling how I went about it.

Me too! :-)

> But if armedslack was around since
> 2002 I wasted a lot of time with the slackurus thing I played with and
> never actually finished.

Heh. It's a lot of effort isn't it and a *lot* of time.
I have no idea how much time I've spent on this since 2002. I was even
working on it when I was backpacking in Australia - although I don't think
I'd released anything then -- it looks like 11.0 in 2007 was the first
time I'd released although it'd been publically in -current form since
2004: that's probably why you didn't find anything when you looked.

> I know that you can't fit armedslack in a the
> zaurus internal flash ....

You just reminded me that I didn't update the minirootfs for 13.37!
/me updates the release instruction docs!

The miniroot for -current expands to 213MB-- the SD Card is smaller?

> > rebuild zlib.
>
> Maybe I should let John run ahead to see if he gets some good kick out
> of it .... for the moment I've enough of my spare time going into the
> busybox micro system (wife is already complaining that I'm not helping
> enough with the kid).

Can do -- I can also do it. -current for x86 won't be started for a while
yet, so my SPs have nothing to do.  I've got to upgrade my ancient systems
from 13.something to .37 tomorrow, rebuild the x-toolchains and then I'll
start a build of glibc going and I'll upload it somewhere.

Can anybody suggest any valid benchmark tests though?
I'm going to have a look at lmbench now

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org