[ARMedslack] usb wifi dongle that supports master mode

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Fri Mar 18 16:57:15 UTC 2011

On now that I've the basics going I'm now moving to the wireless part.
My armedslack dockstar wants to become access point but none of the usb wifi dongles I have seem to work currently in master mode.
Today I brought a new one d-link g122 that should have been rt73 ... but the one I got was rt2870. I went back to the shop and managed to get it changed
for a sitecom wl-608 but whenn I got home I found out that it's the same damn chip-set rt2870. I don't think they are going to let me change it again.

I'm hoping one of you dudes can tell me what to buy with a reasonable degree of certainty that I get the expected chip-set.
Anyone have any ideas ?
Are there patches to get master mode on zd1211 or rt2870 ?
Some time pre mac80211 zd1211 used to work in master mode, maybe not too reiably, but instead of getting fixed it got removed :-(

Thanks in advance
David