[ARMedslack] Hello

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 13:13:17 UTC 2011

> Not sure if 13.1 kernel has changed since you two tried but I can assure
> you that kernel gets loaded and booted but then nothing else:

The kernel for 13.1 hasn't changed since it was released as 2.6.33.5.

> I noticed that this is not the default 13.1 kernel on x86 which is 2.6.33.4 so things may have changed since then.

Slackware ARM uses which ever the most recent kernel is that works best
for the ARM platforms supported -- it doesn't follow Slackware x86 at all:
if they happen to be using the same version at the same time, it's purely
coincidental.

> This works with 2.6.38rc8-kirkwood but not with 2.6.33.5-kirkwood. One
> other thing I've not checked out is if with the 13.1 kernel it's only
> the serial console that is dead ... but the led on the usb stick seems
> dead too so my giess is that there is more to it then just the serial

Well it works now so it's ok :-)

Perhaps your dockstar is a slightly different version which is
better catered for in the 2.6.38 kernel.