[ARMedslack] Hello

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 17 12:15:49 UTC 2011

--- Gio 17/3/11, Thorsten Mühlfelder <thenktor at gmx.de> ha scritto:

> Da: Thorsten Mühlfelder <thenktor at gmx.de>
> Oggetto: Re: [ARMedslack] Hello
> A: "Slackware ARM port" <armedslack at lists.armedslack.org>
> Data: Giovedì 17 marzo 2011, 11:25
> Am Thursday 17 March 2011 10:17:45
> schrieb Davide:
> > x_bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200
>
> Seems to be OK.
>
> > x_bootcmd_kernel=fatload usb 0:1 0x6400000 uImage
>
> Where are you doing "usb start"?
If you look at the printenv ... to my understanding uboot does it on it's own:
x_bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 mtdparts=orion_nand:1M(u-boot),1M at 1M(second_staw
x_bootcmd_usb=usb start

but in any case I did that earlier along with fatls to see that the kernel could be seen by uboot.

> > x_bootargs_root=root=/dev/sda1 ro rootfstype=ext2
>
> That probably should be /dev/sda2 because sda1 is your
> /boot partition. You
> have to specify this in fstab, too.
Yes typo but can't see the kernel loading: no output on serial while kernel initializes things ... so something else is wrong too

fstab on miniroot is ok:
root at darkstar:~# cat /mnt/tmp/etc/fstab
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# tmpfs            /dev/shm         tmpfs       defaults         0   0
/dev/sda1       /boot           vfat    noatime,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/sda2       /               ext2    noatime,errors=remount-ro 0       1
root at darkstar:~#

> > One other thing: how do I get uboot to tell kernel to
> load initrd ?
>
> I guess you can try like this:
> fatload usb 0:1 0x800000 uImage
> fatload usb 0:1 0x1100000 uInitrd
> bootm 0x800000  0x1100000
>
> Which means:
> Load kernel to RAM address 0x800000, load initrd to
> 0x1100000 and then boot
> both.

Marvell>> fatload usb 0:1 0x6400000 uimage
reading uimage
Invalid FAT entry

2096780 bytes read
Marvell>> fatload usb 0:1 0x1100000 uinitrd
reading uinitrd
Invalid FAT entry

7706248 bytes read
Marvell>> bootm 0x6400000 0x1100000
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 06400000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.33.5-kirkwood
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    2096716 Bytes = 2 MiB
   Load Address: 00008000
   Entry Point:  00008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Image Name:   Slackware ARM Initial RAM disk f
   Image Type:   ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    7706184 Bytes = 7.3 MiB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

Does not look any better :-(

What next ?

Does it say invalid fat entry because I've vfat on first partition ?

Regards
David