[ARMedslack] Hello

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 17 09:17:45 UTC 2011

Ok this is what I did:
partitioned a usb stick with 50Mb fat (first partition)
and the rest linux
made fat 32 filesystem on first partition and copied kirkwood kernel and initrd there
formatted second partition with ext2 and extracted miniroot to it
edited fstab to reflect the work I did with partitioning

then i but the stick in the dosckstar and boot to second uboot:
Marvell>> setenv x_bootcmd_kernel 'fatload usb 0:1 0x6400000 uImage'
Marvell>> setenv x_bootargs_root 'root=/dev/sda1 ro rootfstype=ext2'
Marvell>> printenv
bootcmd=${x_bootcmd_kernel}; setenv bootargs ${x_bootargs} ${x_bootargs_root}; ;
bootdelay=3
baudrate=115200
ipaddr=169.254.254.243
serverip=169.254.254.254
x_bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 mtdparts=orion_nand:1M(u-boot),1M at 1M(second_staw
x_bootcmd_usb=usb start
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
ethaddr=02:50:43:dd:a3:c7
ethact=egiga0
filesize=1FFE8C
x_bootcmd_kernel=fatload usb 0:1 0x6400000 uImage
x_bootargs_root=root=/dev/sda1 ro rootfstype=ext2

Environment size: 548/131068 bytes
Marvell>> boot
reading uImage
Invalid FAT entry

2096780 bytes read
(Re)start USB...
USB:   Register 10011 NbrPorts 1
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 06400000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.33.5-kirkwood
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    2096716 Bytes = 2 MiB
   Load Address: 00008000
   Entry Point:  00008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

That's the last line produced by the loaded kernel while booting.
I suspect that it's not correctly logging to serial console and that it's also in kernel panic dew to not mounting root.

One other thing: how do I get uboot to tell kernel to load initrd ?

Regards
David