[ARMedslack] Hello

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 16 11:22:18 UTC 2011

> initrd: is
> > >
> > > that part of what

> > > 4 depends on the boot loader you are using and if
> you use
> > > the pre-configured
> > > boot commands.
> >
> > I'm using this:
> > http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/kirkwood/openwrt-kirkwood-dock
> >star-u-boot.bin Which means using the seagate uboot to
> load
> > openwrt-kirkwood-dockstar-u-boot typing help when in
> the second uboot
> > environment shows usb boot capabilites with useless
> help on it. I don't
> > have the dockstar with me right nor to cut and paste a
> chunk of the
> > terminal output and the version info directly from the
> system. If necessary
> > I will supply it as soon as I get back home.
>
> OK, I have no idea what commands are activated at this
> u-boot.
> The usbload command loads the kernel from a given memory
> address. For better
> handling I'd recommend to use the ext2load command
> (available in Doozan's
> u-boot: http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/)
> Then you can save your kernel on a ext2/ext3 boot partition
> and easily access
> it from within linux, too. Doozan's bootloader also comes
> with preconfigured
> boot "scripts", that run the needed boot commands
> automatically (e.g.
> usbstart, ext2load, ...).
> You just have to use correct names for uImage and uInitrd
> on you ext2 boot
> partitions. IIRC I have changed these names in my own
> u-boot configuration,
> so someone else certainly can provide you the needed
> information.

I had a look at jeff doozan's enhanced uboot installer script.
I look like it replaces the original uboot on mtd0, is that correct ?

While openwrt is using original uboot to start another version so that if you screw up you still have the original one to get things working again without need for jtag.

Just incase someone else needs it here is what the 2 versions of ubuut currently on my dockstar do:
U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jul 16 2009 - 21:02:16) Cloud Engines (3.4.16)

U-Boot code: 00600000 -> 0067FFF0  BSS: -> 00690D60

Soc: 88F6281 A0 (DDR2)
CPU running @ 1200Mhz L2 running @ 400Mhz
SysClock = 400Mhz , TClock = 200Mhz

DRAM CAS Latency = 5 tRP = 5 tRAS = 18 tRCD=6
DRAM CS[0] base 0x00000000   size 128MB
DRAM Total size 128MB  16bit width
Flash:  0 kB
Addresses 8M - 0M are saved for the U-Boot usage.
Mem malloc Initialization (8M - 7M): Done
NAND:256 MB

CPU : Marvell Feroceon (Rev 1)
CLOUD ENGINES BOARD: REDSTONE:1.0

Streaming disabled
Write allocate disabled

USB 0: host mode
PEX 0: interface detected no Link.
Net:   egiga0 [PRIME], egiga1
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
CE>> help
?       - alias for 'help'
base    - print or set address offset
boot    - boot default, i.e., run 'bootcmd'
bootd   - boot default, i.e., run 'bootcmd'
bootext2    dev:boot_part1,boot_part2 addr boot_image linux_dev_name
bootm   - boot application image from memory
bootp   - boot image via network using BootP/TFTP protocol
bubt    - Burn an image on the Boot Nand Flash.
chpart  - change active partition
cmp     - memory compare
cmpm    - Compare Memory
cp      - memory copy
cpumap - Display CPU memory mapping settings.
crc32   - checksum calculation
date    - get/set/reset date & time
dclk    - Display the MV device CLKs.
dhcp    - invoke DHCP client to obtain IP/boot params
diskboot- boot from IDE device
echo    - echo args to console
eeprom  - EEPROM sub-system
erase   - erase FLASH memory
ext2load- load binary file from a Ext2 filesystem
ext2ls  - list files in a directory (default /)
fi      - Find value in the memory.
flinfo  - print FLASH memory information
fsinfo  - print information about filesystems
fsload  - load binary file from a filesystem image
g       - start application at cached address 'addr'(default addr 0x40000)
go      - start application at address 'addr'
help    - print online help
icrc32  - checksum calculation
ide     - IDE sub-system
iloop   - infinite loop on address range
imd     - i2c memory display
imm[.b, .s, .w, .l]     - i2c memory modify (auto-incrementing)
imw     - memory write (fill)
inm     - memory modify (constant address)
iprobe  - probe to discover valid I2C chip addresses
ir      - reading and changing MV internal register values.
loop    - infinite loop on address range
ls      - list files in a directory (default /)
map     - Diasplay address decode windows
md      - memory display
me      - PCI master enable
mm      - memory modify (auto-incrementing)
mp      - map PCI BAR
mtdparts- define flash/nand partitions
mtest   - simple RAM test
mv_diag - perform board diagnostics
mw      - memory write (fill)
nand                   - NAND sub-system
nboot   - boot from NAND device
nbubt   - Burn a boot loader image on the Boot Nand Flash.
nm      - memory modify (constant address)
pci     - list and access PCI Configuration Space
phyRead - Read PCI-E Phy register
pciePhyWrite    - Write PCI-E Phy register
phyRead - Read Phy register
phyWrite        - Write Phy register
ping    - send ICMP ECHO_REQUEST to network host
printenv- print environment variables
protect - enable or disable FLASH write protection
rarpboot- boot image via network using RARP/TFTP protocol
reset   - Perform RESET of the CPU
resetenv        - Return all environment variable to default.
run     - run commands in an environment variable
saveenv - save environment variables to persistent storage
se      - PCI Slave enable
setenv  - set environment variables
sflash  - read, write or erase the external SPI Flash.
sg      - scanning the PHYs status
sp      - Scan PCI bus.
tftpboot- boot image via network using TFTP protocol
version - print monitor version
CE>> printenv
baudrate=115200
loads_echo=0
rootpath=/mnt/ARM_FS/
run_diag=yes
console=console=ttyS0,115200
CASset=min
MALLOC_len=1
ethprime=egiga0
bootargs_root=root=/dev/mtdblock2 ro
ethmtu=1500
usb0Mode=host
nandEcc=1bit
ethact=egiga0
ethaddr=00:10:75:1A:1C:7E
cesvcid=QV8XLT3L7BVZTBCMJWQ94G97SA
ceserialno=2GEP07P1
ceboardver=REDSTONE:1.0
filesize=282f8
fileaddr=800000
netmask=255.255.0.0
ipaddr=169.254.254.253
serverip=169.254.254.254
bootcmd=nand read.e 0x800000 0x100000 0x40000; go 0x800000
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
mainlineLinux=no
enaMonExt=no
enaCpuStream=no
enaWrAllo=no
pexMode=RC
disL2Cache=no
setL2CacheWT=yes
disL2Prefetch=yes
enaICPref=yes
enaDCPref=yes
sata_dma_mode=yes
netbsd_en=no
vxworks_en=no
bootdelay=3
disaMvPnp=no

Environment size: 744/131068 bytes
CE>> boot

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x100000, size 0x40000

Reading data from 0x100000 --   0% ...
 262144 bytes read: OK
## Starting application at 0x00800000 ...

U-Boot 2010.09 (Mar 10 2011 - 00:51:16)
Marvell-Sheevaplug

SoC:   Kirkwood 88F6281_A0
DRAM:  128 MiB
NAND:  256 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   egiga0
88E1116 Initialized on egiga0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Marvell>> help
?       - alias for 'help'
base    - print or set address offset
bdinfo  - print Board Info structure
boot    - boot default, i.e., run 'bootcmd'
bootd   - boot default, i.e., run 'bootcmd'
bootm   - boot application image from memory
bootp   - boot image via network using BOOTP/TFTP protocol
cmp     - memory compare
coninfo - print console devices and information
cp      - memory copy
crc32   - checksum calculation
dhcp    - boot image via network using DHCP/TFTP protocol
echo    - echo args to console
editenv - edit environment variable
fatinfo - print information about filesystem
fatload - load binary file from a dos filesystem
fatls   - list files in a directory (default /)
go      - start application at address 'addr'
help    - print command description/usage
iminfo  - print header information for application image
imxtract- extract a part of a multi-image
itest   - return true/false on integer compare
loadb   - load binary file over serial line (kermit mode)
loads   - load S-Record file over serial line
loady   - load binary file over serial line (ymodem mode)
loop    - infinite loop on address range
md      - memory display
mm      - memory modify (auto-incrementing address)
mtest   - simple RAM read/write test
mw      - memory write (fill)
nand    - NAND sub-system
nboot   - boot from NAND device
nfs     - boot image via network using NFS protocol
nm      - memory modify (constant address)
ping    - send ICMP ECHO_REQUEST to network host
printenv- print environment variables
rarpboot- boot image via network using RARP/TFTP protocol
reset   - Perform RESET of the CPU
run     - run commands in an environment variable
saveenv - save environment variables to persistent storage
setenv  - set environment variables
sleep   - delay execution for some time
source  - run script from memory
tftpboot- boot image via network using TFTP protocol
usb     - USB sub-system
usbboot - boot from USB device
version - print monitor version
Marvell>> printenv
bootcmd=${x_bootcmd_kernel}; setenv bootargs ${x_bootargs} ${x_bootargs_root}; ${x_bootcmd_usb}; bootm 0x6400000;
bootdelay=3
baudrate=115200
ipaddr=169.254.254.243
serverip=169.254.254.254
x_bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 mtdparts=orion_nand:1M(u-boot),1M at 1M(second_stage_u-boot),3M at 2M(kernel),32M at 5M(rootfs),219M at 37M(data) rw
x_bootcmd_kernel=nand read 0x6400000 0x200000 0x300000
x_bootcmd_usb=usb start
x_bootargs_root=root=/dev/mtdblock3 rw rootfstype=jffs2
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
ethaddr=02:50:43:0b:95:20