[ARMedslack] Hello

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Mon Mar 14 07:48:23 UTC 2011

Hi Rich
Well I had a thaught about it and I think that what could suit me best would probabbly be the mini root.

So here are a few more questions:

1) is the mini root tarball just a xz compressed tarball of / ?

2) how would I use the openwrt second stage boot loader to boot from a usb drive with the mini root on it ?

3) I see in the help that there is a bootusb (or usbboot or something to that meaning anyway) command: the help on it is not very helpfull so how would I use that to boot from mini root on usb drive ?

4) You mentioned just renaming kernel and initrd: is that part of what needs to be done to boot from usb ?

5) Are the slackware kirkwood kernel and initrd good for the dockstar or do they need to be recompiled/remade ?
I hav experience on zaurus and know that kernels for c860 and c1000 are incompatible although the hardware difference is minimal.

I like the installer to but for differente reasons ;-) I'm an olt time slackware user on x86 so reconfiguring system is not a problem for me but getting slackware on an unsupported patform on which I've not much experience is a different story :-D.

Thanx in advance
David