[ARMedslack] Hello

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Sun Mar 13 06:13:17 UTC 2011

Hi,
my name is David and I'm new here so please forgive me if I ask odd questions in odd places.

I got a second hand seagate dockstar that was sold to me in a semi bricked state: u-boot still works but kernel image is inconsistent so it no longer boots.

I used a modified nokia dku-5 cabkle to fiddle with u-boot and install openwrt on it to check out that everything else is working and so far so good but having used x86 slackware for years I'd rather have slackware on my dockstar if I can choose.

I'm wondering if the seagate dockstar is amongst the fully supported devices ?
If it is then is the onboard flash used for storing boot loader, kernel and initrd and then the rest should go on mass storage (USB HDU/stick) ?
Also is there support for using the onboard 256 Mb flash itself as target for the root filesystem (using jffs2 or some other flash tuned filesystem) ?

If it is not then my plan is to use the miniroot via chroot on a usb stick and try to use that to make a permanent installation on my dockstar.
Maybe I could use the already installed openwrt as an initrd itself.
Will this be possible or will I run into some unthoughtful problem ?

Best regards
David