[ARMedslack] Got a toshiba AC100

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 15 07:21:53 UTC 2011

Ok I followed instructions from http://ac100.gudinna.com/README/ to get ubuntoo 10.10 working off the SD.

I then mixed up an armedslack miniroot 13.1 (any higher would hit the udev kernel version requirement issue) with the kernel modules from ubuntu 10.10 for ac100 in an attempt to get a base system booting off the SD.

All looked right while starting to boot until I hit a kernel panic: attempting to kill init

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this or what's actually causing it ?

Having got as far as that I suppose the root got mounted. Init being the first binary to be executed I guess it's having some trouble: could it be something wrong with the console ?
I got very few messages on console while kernel was starting so I suppose ither kernel has been configured to be very quiet or the console is not where I'm looking. Could init kill itself if it finds nowhere to spraun getty for console ?

Regards
David