[ARMedslack] ARMedSlack on Seagate Dockstar

Christophe Lyon christophe.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 21:36:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Rich <richard.lapointe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/26/2011 04:41 PM, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>> I can't reformat it during the install process, otherwise it will the
>> installer given that it contains /boot, right?
>>

> yes, you can reformat during the install process.  The installer gets loaded
> into ram and the usb stick is not used after loading;

Good news! I finally managed to reboot after installation!!!

This time, I reformatted during the install. Upon reboot, uboot (Jeff
Doozan's) complained that it did not find /boot/uImage nor
/boot/uInitrd.
I recreated them, and voila!

I guess that during my previous installs withouth reformatting, the
installer left dangling symlinks in /boot, and uboot did not manage to
handle them properly?
I am not really convinced by this explanation because uboot used to go
until 'starting kernel', so it did seem to succeed loading it.

So to summarize, I think than Richard's procedure should be completed by
cd /mnt/sda1//boot
ln -s uImage-kirkwood uImage
ln -s uinitrd-kirkwood.img uInitrd
at least after reformattting.

I can give another try without reformatting during install if you want.

Thanks guys!