[ARMedslack] ARMedSlack on Seagate Dockstar

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Wed Jan 26 11:11:58 UTC 2011

> > Forget what I said - do what Richard said :-)
>
> Now I expect full official support by armed slack and the patched
> uboot available too! :-)

I expect to win the lottery too, but it ain't happened yet.

What does "official support" mean?

All that I can see is that the INSTALL_KIRKWOOD doc needs a couple of
extra points to make the installation work:
 - fsck config
 - starting NTP on boot

Can you actually upgradepkg the kernel packages and reboot into the new
kernel without modifying any u-boot config?

If you give me all the u-boot stuff, I can put the u-boot binaies on the
ftp site and link to them from the "device maintenance" page on the web
site.
I'm not sure where I'd put the modifying of the u-boot environment/rescue
thing.