[ARMedslack] Thinking about changing Slackware ARM to armv5t baseline

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Tue Jan 4 15:00:10 UTC 2011

> Armed works fine on device with 32MB of RAM.

Heh. It's called "ARMedslack" or "Slackware ARM".  Every time I see
"Armed" I get images of men in balaclavas committing a bank robbery ;-)

Yes 32MB will work for minimal services like dhcp, dns and stuff like
that, but IME not much else!

> I like Armed and I like it running on my small device;) So if the gain from
> changing from v4 to v5 isn't really worth, then I prefer it staying v4 (my
> processor is arm920t).

I'm not yet sure of what performance increase there would be.  I've read
a bit about this but haven't come across any figures yet.
I'll keep having a look around.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org