[ARMedslack] Thinking about changing Slackware ARM to armv5t baseline

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:43:12 UTC 2011

On 01/04/2011 01:03 PM, Stuart Winter wrote:

> Even this version with 32MB RAM isn't suitable.  I don't even think
> Slackware on x86 can really run reliably in 32MB of RAM.
>
> So I'm not exactly concerned about this device :)

Hi,

Armed works fine on device with 32MB of RAM. Remember that the need for
memory depends on the services you need. Don't assume that Armed is only
for strong devices, where you run X, KDE, etc.

I like Armed and I like it running on my small device;) So if the gain
from changing from v4 to v5 isn't really worth, then I prefer it staying
v4 (my processor is arm920t).

--
Pozdrawiam,
Best regards,