[ARMedslack] Thinking about changing Slackware ARM to armv5t baseline

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 09:59:09 UTC 2011

On 01/03/2011 02:06 PM, Stuart Winter wrote:
> Since officially at the moment, Slackware ARM supports systems which have
> an ARMv5t minimum CPU, I am thinking of changing the baseline target CPU
> to be armv5t, rather than armv4t as it is at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture
Has a nice chart of what is out there with those processors.

This would block out that little Zipit Wireless Messenger.
My GP2X would be out too.  But I'd never be installing Slackware on that.  64M
RAM and 64M flash.  Very custom device.
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GP2X

I wouldn't be upset if the base hardware were bumped up.

--
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===