[ARMedslack] ARMedslack on Open Pandora

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Mon Feb 28 11:20:46 UTC 2011

> Latest usable kernel for zaurus tosa is 2.6.31.14, everything after
> that has a broken display. Recently I had to downgrade udev to the
> version of 13.1 because latest udev requires at least a 2.6.32 kernel.

This is why I'm very cautious with ARM hardware: the support has to be
in kernel.org and the device have a community around it, demonstrating
that it's actively maintained.

I had this problem with the RiscPC where the kernel began panicing and
since nobody cared about the RPC anymore, it was never going to be fixed:
so the only choice is either to keep the OS at an old kernel or abandon
support for that architecture.

Now people can understand why I'm never going to go and provide kernels
for random devices which have not have a thriving community.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org