[ARMedslack] File system on my Freeagent Dockstar got corrupted

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Feb 18 09:20:44 UTC 2011

> But of course now I wonder what caused this serious fail:
> * Did the Linux system (ARMed Slack 13.1) freeze and therefore corrupt the
> file systems?
> * Did the USB connection somehow got lost/unstable?
> * Did the hard disk fail and therefore freeze the system?
> * Problem with ext4 on ARM (I never had problems with it on my main PC)

I've had Slackware arm 13.1 running on the box I use to build the eratta
packages, since it was installed after 13.1 was released - I've had no
problems with the ext4 filesystem on it.

The problem could be anywhere -- perhaps take out the disc from the usb
caddy and put it onto a bare IDE interface and try SMART?
The disc or USB caddy could be faulty.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org