[ARMedslack] Slackware on Pandaboard

Giovanni pino.otto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:04:33 UTC 2011

I succeeded to install full Slackware ARM on the pandaboard.

I did the following:
* sd with 2 partitions, one (vfat) for bootloaders (MLO, u-boot.bin) and
uImage and the other one (ext2) for minirootfs
* copy xloader (MLO), uboot and uImage from Angstrom distro on the first
partition
* copy Slackware ARM minirootfs on the second partition with Angstrom
modules in the usual path (/lib/modules/...)
* boot in ARMedslack
* install all the others packages via NFS

I had to make some changes to configuration files as indicated here:
http://giovanni.wordpress.com/pandaboard/

The next step is to build a kernel and modules for omap4 by myself and use
them instead of the Angstrom ones.

One question: is there any kind of package manager, such as slap-get,
sbopkg, etc. for Slackware ARM? If not, can I use the SlackBuilds from
slackbuilds.org? How to modify them?

Best regards,
giovanni

http://pandaboard.org/content/usb-downloader-and-usb-second-stage-bootloader-omap4

> Best regards,
> giovanni
>

> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Carlo Caione <carlo.caione at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On Feb 7, 2011, at 9:31 PM, Giovanni wrote:
>>
>>> What toolchain did you use for cross-compiling the kernel and modules?
>>>
>>> I have to start from the beginning with cross-compilation. So I accept
advices from the people with more experience,