[ARMedslack] mfloat-abi

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 14:07:34 UTC 2011

> Hmm, I did not really see what's the default here (soft, softfp, hard)?

Me neither - I thought that the specs there were what was used by default.
I had a further quick read about it and that isn't the case.

> As soft/softfpe is some kind of porting floating point operations to integer
> I've assumed that Armed Slack uses mfloat-abi=hard, which forwards the
> floating point instructions to the slow kernel FP emulation.

Yes, it's been ages since I looked at the issue -- I know the oldabi
ARMedslack used that method, but I'd forgotten about the EABI version.

The floating point used is the same as Debian use for their armel port:
http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org