[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM current is being re-based to armv5te

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:32:54 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 12:10 AM, John O'Donnell wrote:
> My web site is down at the moment but I recompiled the core libraries and a
> few of the packages and ran cpu tests on sheevas, guruplug, and a seagate
> dockstar and posted the results with stock armedslack and the arm5te
> compiled version with no differences.

If that's true, then the result of armedslack arch change to armv5te
will be the decrease in supported boards only.

I'm not insisting on the armv4te, but I have one board which is arm4te
and it's nice to run Slack on it - but this platform is mostly for
research and I use it very rarely (although I would like to see the next
Slack with real-time (PREEMPT_RT) patch running on it;)).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski