[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM current is being re-based to armv5te

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Dec 15 12:08:48 UTC 2011

Hi

After about 5 months or more of on-off thought, I've decided to re-base
Slackware ARM to be armv5te.  This means that the old devices that any
devices that have an armv4t CPU will need to use the armedslack-13.37
release.

The reason for this is that:
 * Slackware ARM only provides kernels for systems that have an armv5t CPU
 * The critical mass of consumer products (such as Plug computers) have an
   armv5 CPU.

Therefore it makes sense to support the vast majority and provide an
optimised userland.

So, if you want -current for your armv4t devices - you can grab it quickly
before I begin uploading packages compiled for armv5te :-)

I'm rebuilding the core packages first such as bash and glibc, and will
upgrade the others gradually as they get updated in Slackware x86.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org