[ARMedslack] qemu memory limitation

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 08:14:32 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 07:11 PM, Ottavio wrote:
> On 11 December 2011 09:30, John O'Donnell<unixjohn1969 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>   If I have 8gigs of RAM, why cant I just create a X gig amount of ram disk
>> and make that swap space (virtual RAM) within the qemu virtual machine...
>
> Is there any real life ARM device that supports 8G RAM?

I dont know.  All I know is I need more than 512M.  I am experimenting with QT.
Compiling it on a current Sheeva/Guru plug takes 3 days with about 2gb of swap.
  If I can get more memory to toy with then it will make life so much easier.
After I get my results, I will spend the 3 days to get a compile on hardware.

John

--
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===