[ARMedslack] Armedslack on the Efika i.MX515 (ARM Cortex-A8 800MHz)

lee jones slothpuck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:33:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM, lee jones <slothpuck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I have an update here as I have gotten a little further. But  (wait for
> it) there's good news and bad news.
>
> The good news? I've now gotten further with booting. It appears the efika
> mx kernel dosen't work with ext3! Going over the top of the second partiton
> (using ext3) with ext4 meant I got further with booting.
>
> The bad news? I'm now as far in as "Loading
> /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.map.gz" . The system all but stops
> there, the only line it prints after some time is "INIT: Id "s0" respawning
> too fast: disabled for 5 minutes".
>
> I also double-checked the /etc/fstab on the slackware 13.1 mini file system
> (second partiton of my SD card) it looks fine (I am guessing here);
>
> ljones

Update : The messages about INIT: s0 respawning have gone :) (had to edit
inittab) but still got the lock up after the line
"/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.map.gz". I tried stopping this from

# Load the keyboard map.  More maps are in /usr/share/kbd/keymaps.
#if [ -x /usr/bin/loadkeys ]; then
# /usr/bin/loadkeys uk.map
#fi

but it now locks up on "starting system message bus: /usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen
--ensure ; /usr/bin/daemon --system".

Something is causing armedslack to lock up but not sure what!

ljones