[ARMedslack] Armedslack on the Efika i.MX515 (ARM Cortex-A8 800MHz)

Ottavio pr0f3ss0r1492 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 00:46:45 UTC 2011

On 25 August 2011 00:15, lee jones <slothpuck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Must admit I'd still like to try it if only to replace that s-l-o-w ubuntu
> install. Though I'm just not sure how to go about it but I was reading this;
>
> http://steubentech.com/~talon/Efika-MX/mavericksd/README.txt
>
> In particular the end of it as far as I can tell what is needed is a kernel,
> initrd and a boot.scr file.

It looks like that the kernel is in the
'linux-image-2.6.31.14.20-efikamx' package:
http://packages.efikamx.info/pool/main/l/linux-source-2.6.31.14.20-efikamx/

It's a .deb file and if you extract it in the /boot directory you'll
find "vmlinuz-2.6.31.14.20-efikamx". There's no separate initrd.

Whether this kernel would boot slackware root out of the box, I doubt
it because armedslack-13.37 comes with the 2.6.38.4 kernel and
armedslack-current with 2.6.39.4 but this is only my opinion. If you
have an account on power developer you could do us a favour and ask
there.

About creating the boot.src and/or building the kernel from scratch:
https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/Efika

The standard boot.src should be in the /boot partition of the SSD.

> Though weather it is possible to use
> armedslack's kernel/initrd or the
> efika's ones I'm not sure.

The kernels on armedslack repository are only for kirkwood and versatile.

--
Ottavio