[ARMedslack] qemu-network-tun.sh modified script

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Fri Apr 29 08:06:44 UTC 2011

If anyone else finds this handy this works with dhcp client on both host and guest and also gets rid of all rc.local requirements.
On the guest os you will need to config interface once system is up (static or via dhcp)
Needs fixing for static ip reconfiguration/rerouting on host system after bridge creation.

I apologize for my non standard indentation ...

#!/bin/sh
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq

if [ $(ifconfig |grep "Link encap" |grep -c "^br0") -lt 1 ]
then
  if [ $(ps -eo pid,cmd |grep -v grep |grep -c dhcpcd) -ge 1 ]
  then
    RESTART_NET="dhcpcd -t 10 br0"
    killall dhcpcd
  else
    RESTART_NET="to be fixed for static networking ifconfig and route"
    ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 down
  fi

  brctl addbr br0
  brctl stp br0 off