[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM on Small NAS (NS-K330)

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Fri Apr 22 05:53:43 UTC 2011

If you considet that you can get a dockstar for 50 Euro in Italy or possibbly less it you look world wide ... this little wimpy nas had better cost no more then 25 Euro or I'd just buy a dockstar instead. I know that it's infuriating that the prices went up from 36 euro to 52 euro but for what you get it's still a nice price .... I mean is the sheeva plug not 99 Euro (or USD I forget right now) ? whichever you can get a seagate GoFlexNET for 75 Euro.
Wait I have it ... you want a gumstix and spend no less then 150 USD.
Or is it that you want to play with an old sharp Zaurus (I've 3 of them do you want one ?) or some other hand-held device and spend even more ?
Or would you like a Toschiba with one of those dual core arm BASED CPU ? (the best price I saw around for that was something like 225 Euro)

Apart from all that is it really worth the effort fro such a wimpy piece of hardware ?

Regards
David