[ARMedslack] jeff Doozan's uboot

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 19 12:44:46 UTC 2011

Hum well the reboot after it worked failed again on all dockstar usb ports.
No the only thing I recall different from when it worked is that I rebooted from Linux running on usb flashdrive with the lace usb HDU plugged in and modules loaded.

The only explanation I've for that is that the lace USB HDU (more specifically the usb 2 sata adapter that is in the casing) requires firmware or something like that that uboot cannot handle.

I tested a different usb HDU and it works ok ... it seems an issue with some specific models and not something that afflicts all usb HDUs.

Concerning the leds ... while jeff's uboot is running the green led is flashing so the led is still working .... but there mist be something that goes wrong when 2.6.38-rc2 is loaded that does not happen on the other dockstar.
Not sure if it;s something to do with jeff's uboot setup or with my brand new dockstar.
If I notice any other odd stuff I'll update on this.

Regards
David