[ARMedslack] jeff Doozan's uboot

Thorsten Mühlfelder thenktor at gmx.de
Tue Apr 19 12:40:30 UTC 2011

Am Tuesday 19 April 2011 14:14:17 schrieb Davide:
> Well yeah .... I've an update on this:
> I did nothing but change the usb port from closest to RJ45 to the one nets
> to the closest to RJ45. This time it boots.
>
> I'll investigate further on this ...

AFAIK the dockstar has native USB ports and some ports provided by an
additional hub. Maybe this makes a difference.

> This is on a brand new dockstar (I've now 2 of these things) but the seem
> to have small hardware differences ... read on
>
> Also Another thing I noticed: the led stopped working and things do not
> look rigth in /sys

Do cat /proc/cpuinfo. Do you have "Hardware: Seagate FreeAgent DockStar"? If
not the "arcNumber" that gives u-boot to the kernel is wrong. IIRC arcNumber
2998 is the right one for the Dockstar. 2097 is Sheevaplug. Please search for
it in Doozans forum.
The arcNumber sets some board specific details like LED setup.

--
Thorsten Mühlfelder
Salix OS: www.salixos.org