[ARMedslack] R: R: sysctl.conf not applied??

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 5 07:00:50 UTC 2011

In support to what I supposed I had a look at my dockstar running current but no nfs services active:
root at slackware:~# sysctl -a | grep nfs
error: permission denied on key 'net.ipv4.route.flush'
error: permission denied on key 'net.ipv6.route.flush'
root at slackware:~#

The two keys you mention do not yet exist until the nfsd module is loaded:
root at slackware:/etc/rc.d# modprobe nfsd
root at slackware:/etc/rc.d# sysctl -a | grep nfs
fs.nfs.nlm_grace_period = 0
fs.nfs.nlm_timeout = 10
fs.nfs.nlm_udpport = 0
fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport = 0
fs.nfs.nsm_use_hostnames = 0
fs.nfs.nsm_local_state = 0
error: permission denied on key 'net.ipv4.route.flush'
error: permission denied on key 'net.ipv6.route.flush'
sunrpc.nfs_debug = 0
sunrpc.nfsd_debug = 0
root at slackware:/etc/rc.d#

You can fix this by adding the sysctl -p.... just after loading nfsd module in rc.nfsd or just like I said by loading the module in rc.modules and making sure that sysctl.conf is reloaded after rc.modules.