[ARMedslack] Has anyone tried Linux 2.6.36-rc5?

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun Sep 26 17:03:09 UTC 2010

> I have only compiled a kernel and not updated the initrd. But it boots
> up to that point.  Granted I stripped out ALOT of modules and bits and

[..]
> /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

Your kernel is fine.  I guess whatever you have stripped out helps.
But I am curious whether the kernel I built will boot on the guruplug.
Could you test it?

http://stash.armedslack.org/linux-2.6.36-rc5/

I wonder if it crashes on the openrd client which has the video chipset;
and whether it'll work on a machine without it.  I don't dare test on my
sheevaplug since I don't have physical access to it.  It'd be great if you
could cause a system reboot via the JTAG cable but I don't think it is;
otherwise I'd be much less cautious when upgrading kernels!

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org