[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM 13.1 rc1 ready

Jim Hawkins jawkins at armedslack.org
Sat Sep 25 17:00:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010, John O'Donnell wrote:

> Jim Hawkins wrote:
> > $ grep guruplug arch/arm/tools/mach-types
> > guruplug                MACH_GURUPLUG           GURUPLUG                2659
> >
> > Try arcNumber=2659 instead.
>
> [snip]
>
> It still hangs at the same spot.

I finally got my GuruPlug Server Plus today, so I thought I'd follow up on
this one.

I'm not sure what the arcNumber stuff is all about, because I can't find
any reference to it in the u-boot git tree, nor in the Marvell u-boot
custodian tree, but after a bit of grepping on the source I've found you
can do the following with the u-boot installed on the GuruPlug, straight
out of the box:

setenv machid a63

That's 2659 in hex. And that allows you to run the ARMedslack installer
kernel just fine.

Cheers,

Jim