[ARMedslack] Hello

Rich richard.lapointe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 17:11:00 UTC 2010

For me no, I finally needed a serial cable. I did try loading the mini
root file system on to a usb stick and renaming the kernel and initrd to
uImage and uInitrd, but it just keep rebooting the armedslack kernel.
In the mean time my CA-42 serial cable came in so, once I hooked it up I
had no problems following the instruction that I linked to in my earlier
post.  I do believe that Thorsten (also on this mailing list) did manage
to get armedslack working using the method that I just described.

No, I have not patched the kernel.  I believe that that patch is only
cosmetic and just provides control of the leds.  See here:
http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/dockstar-kernel.patch. and
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,524,908#msg-908.
If you haven't been to Jeff Doozan site, I would recommend it.  Although
it's Debian centric, there is lots of good information.  Also it looks
to me like he the main man for an alternate uboot (I'm using his
uboot).  Maybe someone could use his dockstar Debian installer to use as
template to make an armedslack installer.  I did install Debian to my
dockstar using his installer and it was extremely easy, no need for a
serial cable, however I quickly realized that I was not a Debian fan.

Rich