[ARMedslack] Slackware-current & udev rules for openrd/sheevaplug

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 14:06:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Stuart Winter <mozes at slackware.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Slackware-current, the udev rules in INSTALL_KIRKWOOD.TXT
> no longer work:
> /dev/{openrd,sheevaplug} symlinks don't get created, so I use ttyUSB0
> instead.
>
> I've had a look at
> udevadm info -a -p /sys/class/tty/ttyUSB0
> and the attributes are the same as in the rules files.
>
> Does anybody know what needs changing?
>

> --
> Stuart Winter
> www.slackware.com/~mozes
> Slackware for ARM: www.armedslack.org

Actually, I don't think it's that "current". I've had this for a while
already and got used to connecting to /dev/ttyUSB0 - on my Slackware
13.1 stable box.
I never really looked into it, as it works just fine for me using
ttyUSB0 and thought it was something I messed up on my Slackware box.

Interesting... :)

Niels