[ARMedslack] Booting Slack 13.1 from eSata on Guruplug ServerPlus

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Mon Nov 29 10:23:16 UTC 2010

> This was my experience with the sheevaplug as well.

The SheevaPlug's USB was a bit flaky though, so I'm not *that* surprised;
but using the u-boot linked from the armedslack web site, my two boot
very quickly off USB, and the OpenRD is also fine.

I wouldn't recommend a FAT partition since installpkg won't be able to
create the symlinks for the kernel package -- but as long as you're aware
of this, you can fix it up manually.
Whatever works :)