[ARMedslack] guruplug

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun May 30 10:17:37 UTC 2010

> I have questions still for Stuart.
> I tried compiling a kernel with the config from /kernels/kirkwood
> I want to use this as a reference to start trimming down what I do not need
> for my project.  I am compiling it right on the plug itself.  I get a uImage
> that doesnt match in byte size (but it is close) and will not boot.  When
> booting my uImage-jjo it says Uncompressing and hangs instead of the
> uImage-kirkwood. Am I missing any patches?

Did you figure this out?
When I upgraded to 2.6.33.5 the other day, I did what I always do:
 download the kernel into the tree
 extract it on an x86 box and run make ARCH=arm oldconfig
 copy that new config file over the original in the AS tree

But because I hadn't applied the GuruPlug, eSata Sheevaplug & openRD
patches, the support for those devices had been dropped from the new
.config file.

If you took a fresh kernel.org source archive, copied AS's config file
without applying the patches first, then you're probably missing
the Guruplug support from your kernel.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org