[ARMedslack] guruplug

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Wed May 26 06:16:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, 22 May 2010 22:14:33 +0100 (BST)
Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

> > I guess we need to change /boot to a FAT partition!?!
>
> I'd look around and ask on the plug web site about it before
> making such a choice; I'm shocked to see ext2 filesystem support
> missing.
>
> The Kernel package won't install properly to a FAT filesystem /boot
> because the "uImage-<archname>" file names are symlinks to a
> version-named kernel file.
>
> You could still work around this manually in the installer, but
> I'd wait to find out why ext2 support is missing first.

Well, I guess if I/we can ever get this ubootconfig project
in a working state, it could use the full filename of the
kernel image.  That would require one to run ubootconfig after
every kernel upgrade, which considering that we're used to this
anyway with lilo, might not be such a big deal...

-RW