[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM 13.1 rc1 ready

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun May 23 07:25:38 UTC 2010

> You NEED to upgrade your uboot to boot non-factory kernel it seems.  I dont
> know how to upgrade uboot without the console.  Perhaps you can with the mtd
> utils on a booted system??

It can be done this way but you'd need access to the console to
perform the installation of Slackware; although technically you could
install the sheeva-u-boot tools onto the existing installation; modify the
u-boot config from linux and cause it boot the installer (getting it to
configure its eth0 and start sshd).
But at some point you'd most likely need the JTAG console because if the
system ever fails to boot, you won't be able to see why.