[ARMedslack] armedslack & experimental kernel options

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Fri May 21 20:19:12 UTC 2010

Hi Stuart,

I'm reviewing your kernel config (2.6.33.4) for upcoming 13.1 to make it
suit my board and processor (the same I wrote you of in e-mails some
time ago) and I've noticed that there are many experimental options
enabled. Are they really needed or would it be better if you wipe the
off as Slackware rules say that as much as possible should be stable and
not experimental?

Some example options:
General setup  --->  Export task/process statistics through netlink
(EXPERIMENTAL)
General setup  --->  User namespace (EXPERIMENTAL)

By the way, in few days I'm going to try 13.1rc1 on my board so I let
you know "how and if" it works;)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski