[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM 13.1 rc1 ready

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:37:02 UTC 2010

Stuart Winter wrote:
>> It still hangs at the same spot.
>
> I am reluctant to say this because it may not be the same set of
> conditions, but:  I had the same problem when I got my SheevaPlugs.
> When I upgraded u-boot, I chose to erase all of the settings back to the
> defaults, and then it all worked.
>
> I never figured out what the difference was in the two configs because I
> didn't save the out-of-box one.
>
> I haven't got a u-boot console to hand, but there's probably a way to
> reset the settings to the defaults; then change the additional
> "mainlinelinux" and "arcnumber" settings and try again.
> Prior to this, save a copy of your "printenv".
>
> Disclaimer: if it breaks, don't blame me ;-)

Oooooo  Standard Disclaimers!!!

You may be right though.  I was reading this thread which seems to describe my
exact problem:
http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=1669.0

I am going to give the new u-boot a try this weekend.  I noticed no mmcinit.  I
hope the new u-boot adds this as I was hoping to boot off the SD card like on
the Sheeva.

Thanks for your help guys.
John

--
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===