[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM 13.1 rc1 ready

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri May 21 09:23:40 UTC 2010

Hi John

> arcNumber=2097

This value is correct for a SheevaPlug, but looking at the trouble
shooting guides for Linux on the SP, the common cause of the problem
you see is because the arcNumber isn't set correctly.
I'd guess that the GuruPlug has a different value, given that the OpenRD
client & OpenRD Base have different values but are almost identical bits
of hardware.

The other cause of no output after uncompressing the kernel was due to the
u-boot "console" value being incorrectly set, but yours looks ok.

I had a look for the value for a GuruPlug but I couldn't find it yet.
I'll have to add this into the INSTALL_KIRKWOOD.TXT file once we know what
it is, or whatever else is needed to boot the system.