[ARMedslack] kde3-compat packages

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Mon May 10 10:12:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

>> Any special reason why there are no kde3-compat packages in /extra for
>> ARMedslack (like there are for "normal" Slackware)?
>
> I usually deal with /extra immediately before a release rather than
> keeping up to date during the development of -current.
>
> I've just had a quick look at the kde3 compat build scripts and remembered
> how kde3 was a bit of a PITA.  I'll run the scripts and see if they work
> but won't promise anything!
>
> --
> Stuart Winter
> Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org

OK, thanks. :)

I thought of compiling them myself, but I know it's big, so I
preferred to ask before running into a heap of problems you might have
discovered already.

I think the most interesting package is the qt3 library, that's still
needed by some older programs. I never needed any of the other
"kde3-compat" stuff.

BTW: My SheevaPlug has become a portable mainframe with the Hercules
emulator. :)

Niels