[ARMedslack] Which devices use ARM?

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 22:06:35 UTC 2010

On 06/16/10 23:29, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Sorry about the stupid question, but I don't understand where I can user
> armedslack? Which devices use arm, I hear GSM - mobile phones?

Hi,

It's not stupid question. ARM processors are widely used today. Please
see here: http://www.arm.com/markets/showcase/index.php What is more,
many hobbyists use ARMs in their hobby life.

But that the device uses ARM processor doesn't exactly mean that you'll
be able to run armedslack on it. There are many kinds of ARMs, some of
which aren't able to run Linux at all. Furthermore, armedslack requires
some resources, I mean the memory. Most (?) of the consumer devices