[ARMedslack] Missing files in "uinitrd-kirkwood" to support root file-system on SDHC card

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Mon Feb 15 22:54:28 UTC 2010

Hi Cédric

> First of all, I would like to thank Stuart et al. for providing on ARM
> the best Linux distro ever made.

Thanks.

> SheevaPlug using a SDHC card for the root file-system, sadly the current
> "uinitrd-kirkwood" image does not have the "/dev/mmcblk*" nodes and the
> "mvsdio" driver. Stuart, do you think you could add those files in your
> "uinitrd-kirkwood" image?  Please :)

I've added mvsdio into the initrd for the next kernel update (which will
be when Pat uploads the truck load of updates waiting for -current).

/dev entries are made by udev.
root at zaden:~/ac/source/k# mtdinfo
Count of MTD devices:           3
Present MTD devices:            mtd0, mtd1, mtd2
Sysfs interface supported:      yes
root at zaden:~/ac/source/k# ls -la /dev/mt*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 90, 0 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtd0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 90, 1 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtd0ro
crw-rw---- 1 root root 90, 2 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtd1
crw-rw---- 1 root root 90, 3 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtd1ro
crw-rw---- 1 root root 90, 4 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtd2
crw-rw---- 1 root root 90, 5 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtd2ro
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 31, 0 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtdblock0
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 31, 1 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtdblock1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 31, 2 2010-02-15 14:39 /dev/mtdblock2
root at zaden:~/ac/source/k#

That's what I have on my sheevaplug.
Do you know if anything else is required in the kernel config to put them
there?

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org