[ARMedslack] Slackware-current ARM mini root fs

Ron iyonix at woosh.co.nz
Sun Feb 7 22:49:10 UTC 2010

In message <alpine.LNX.2.00.1002071931000.2798 at bourbon.biscuit.org.uk>
          Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi Ron
>
> > I am an Iyonix user, and I'm intending on using Linux on a SOC board
>
> I have an Iyonix sitting idle in my front room -- did you ever get Linux
> running on it?  I used the Iyonix for about a year to build ARMedslack but
> the support was never upstreamed :(
> But I was wondering whether anybody had been working on it -- you don't
> know do you? is the Iyonix worth while keeping or ebaying (assuming it'll
> reach any sensible price)
I used the original Debian release, it got old pretty fast.
It had a 2.4 kernel and the graphics card support was no good
for the newer FX5200 that we mostly upgraded to.
We have had many benchmark releases lately.
GCC 4.1.1 r2, Fat32fs, USB speedups and regular ROM upgrades.

http://www.riscos.info/index.php/RISC_OS

is not a bad place to start.
You will need to reflash your Iyonix to 5.16 to fix the 2010
clock problem. Not sure what version you are at, there'll be
other new drivers, modules etc to install.

I think some people are looking at compiling from the Linux
RISC OS emulator as well, But I think the bigger builds like
Netsurf are set up for crosscompiling for the speed.

> Good to see that RISC OS keeps going!  There's still life left in the old
> dog yet ;)
The Iyonix is no longer manufactured due to some key components
not being leadfree.
But with the move to ROOL, there are many things happening.

Cheers, Ron