[ARMedslack] Slackware-current ARM mini root fs

Ron iyonix at woosh.co.nz
Sun Feb 7 12:49:45 UTC 2010

In message <alpine.LNX.2.00.1002071138360.2798 at bourbon.biscuit.org.uk>
          Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

> > have asked the admins about it in the past and they responded that if
> > the maintainer tested the script on ARM (or s390), he/she can include
> > it in the script as one of the architectures.
>
> This would be great.
>
> I'm really curious about people will use ARMedslack for.  For me, ARM has
> always been for Desktop machines (since ARM CPUs were manufactured for the
> Acorn archimedes range), so I consider ARMedslack aimed at desktops and
> server usage on those machines rather than hand held gadgets.
Hi there,
I am an Iyonix user, and I'm intending on using Linux on a SOC board
via Ethernet. I was considering Sheevaplug, but there is future port
of RISC OS on OMAP beagleboard going on, so I am looking at the
IGEP (clone with ethernet) now. It could have dual purpose which is
a safe place to be when buying a product.
Being able to use Slackware as well as Ubuntu would be a bonus,
maybe it'd run a bit slicker.

Cheers, Ron