[ARMedslack] Slackware-current ARM mini root fs

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 11:10:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

>> There is an updated SlackBuild script for FBReader in the "approved"
>> queue of SlackBuilds.org, waiting for the next batch of updates.
>> If you can use that script to build FBReader, it would be nice, so
>> that I can mark it as "arm-compatible" :)
>
> I thought that slackbuilds.org wasn't catering for anything other than
> x86_64 or x86 (primarily because Robby et al don't have any way to
> verify the script on other platforms).  It'd be good if packages can be
> marked ARM compatible though.  I occasionally use scripts from there
> myself so it's no big deal to build it on ARM to test.

For now, SlackBuilds are only required to run on x86_64 or x86. But I
have asked the admins about it in the past and they responded that if
the maintainer tested the script on ARM (or s390), he/she can include
it in the script as one of the architectures.
And some people from SBo are buying SheevaPlugs, including me :)

Niels