[ARMedslack] armedslack hang on emqbit

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Feb 4 10:56:33 UTC 2010

> > You are not using armedslack 12.2 are you ?
> >
> I'm use armedslack-current.

Ok Good :-)

> My at91 board initially have patches only for 2.6.21 kernels. But glibc from
> slackware-current does not support this low version of kernel. Yesterday I
> written patch for 2.6.27 kernels. And today I will try to run this version
> of kernel.

Ah!

Yes because Slackware ARM EABI is a new port, and the SheevaPlug support
appeared in Linux 2.6.30 and by the time I got around to making a release,
Linux 2.6.31 was out,

glibc in -current is built against
"--enable-kernel=2.6.31 "

Once you've built a newer kernel you should be able to boot into your
installation.

You've got me thinking of a mini rootfs now though!
I think it'd be pretty useful to have in order to bootstrap onto newer
devices: currently I do it manually.